Call me udik, kampungan, whatever. Today, as I was picking Ben up in his friend’s house, I was like so astonished by the view of the houses I saw. It was like soooo big. No. BIG. BIG. BIG! Really, it’s humungous! I was like ‘whoa’ing along the way. It was somewhere in Pondok Indah – Bukit Golf something if I’m not mistaken. So yeah, you get a perfect view of green grasses, the clear blue sky, and no nuisance from the sight of buildings nearby or even the crowded houses of the neighborhood. Passing through the streets, you could see people jogging and biking while enjoying the cool weather of the afternoon. The sun was about to set at that time, and I could see its yellowish light striking through the tress. The road is long and seems endless, and it somehow looks breezy, dark yet inviting, calm and relaxing, exactly like long roads surrounded by trees that are usually found in book cover, internet pictures and such.
As I entered the house, I gasped with amazement. The concept is minimalist. Mostly grey in color, it has a large wood gate, a small pond, and a long block road to the back of the house, and in the back of the house there’s a tall wall which at first I thought was the boundary of the house. Looking at the garage, I saw 7, I repeat, seven! Expensive cars. Curious, I chat with the satpam.
Me: Pak, rumah nya gede amat sih! Gila ini mobil ada 7 ga kebanyakan ya *gue ngomong dengan polosnya*
Satpam: wah, ini belom smuanya dek, aslinya mobilnya ada 50.
Geez, I was like ‘are you serious?’ dan tuh pak satpam tu ngomongnya nyantai banget, as if it’s something usual. Crazy, 50 cars, can you imagine!?
Mom: banyak banget pa, usaha apa sih? Punya showroom ya?
Satpam: enggak, bu. Ini emang punya pribadi mobilnya. Sisanya ditaro di rumah yang lain. Usaha property, punya kafe, spa treatment, hotel, blah blah blahs…
Okay, I tried to digest all the information I had received. So, BIG house, 50 cars, another house!
Me: whoa. Keren amat sih pak. Ini gede amat ya rumahnya *gosh, gw kampung banget, masih aja ngliatin tu rumah dengan mupengnya sambil ngomong sama pak satpam*
Satpam: yang ini mah kecil dek, yang dicipinang lebih gede
OH EM JIIII. Yang ini kecil? Yeah right. Yang di Cipinang segede apa!
Then the 3 of us (mom, Levin, and I) walked to the back, and, shockingly, the wall which I thought was the boundary wasn’t! It leads to another room and ends with a swimming pool. In front, it’s the view of the green grass for golfing. Enough ‘wow’ing, I walked back and found out that there’s another swimming pool upstairs!
Suddenly God remind me of my house in heaven. Jesus came back to heaven to prepare a place for all of us. I imagine houses built so grand, roads covered with gold, and oh you name it, everything’s there. I remember one funny song which used to be my favorite. The verse said: come and go with me, to my father’s house, come and go with me, to my father’s house. It’s a big big house, with lots and lots of room. A big big table, with lots and lots of food. A big big yard, where you can play football. A big big house, it’s my father’s house.
1 Corinthians 2:9 reads; “no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him” well, okay, I have seen this BIG house, and I started to wonder, how much bigger, better, the place God is preparing for me? I just can’t imagine. The bible also said that we should concentrate on what is ahead of us, we ought to press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus (Philippians3:14).
Many people sow for worldly things, things that don’t last forever, things like popularity, outward beauty, material possessions and much other unimportant stuff. If that’s what you sow, what you’ll reap will as well be temporary. You can have a house so big, a car so expensive, anything you want – but ask yourselves this question, is it worth in the end? Instead, we should sow more for the kingdom of God. Remember, our wealth is in heaven! Start investing more into our heavenly piggy-bank :p
No comments:
Post a Comment