We were given one envelope each. Inside that small quiet room, our hearts pounded and beat even faster, our mind busied running trough each of the possibilities. We were all just anxious to find out what the letter says. Mine read “…I am pleased to offer you the 2009 School-based Scholarship for studies in Singapore…” And that’s when my challenge began.
Getting a full scholarship for overseas studies had always been my dream ever since I was a kid. Never had I thought that the opportunity would come so fast. However, to get the scholarship was not as big a challenge as what I feel now, after getting it. If you have built a good study habit and prepared everything little by little, when the opportunity came, you’ll surely be ready, and what you need is just to study more, practice more, and focus more. But the real challenge is after you get the scholarship and before you actually go for the studies. I’d like to call it my transition period.
This kind of phase is tough. It leaves you with inexplicable, extreme, mixed up feelings. Sometimes I just can’t wait until the time comes, other times, however, I find myself wishing for it to not be as soon as it’s supposed to be. Sometimes I am so excited of the different life I am about to live 3 months from now in Singapore, other times, I feel like I just can’t let go of whatever I hold on dearly now. This is the period of time when I am ‘shaped’ the most; when I learn more about life lessons, learn to value my friends, family and everything that surrounds me more wisely, learn the importance of time, learn that nothing lasts forever, learn about love, holding on and letting go. This is the time when I started to climb my stairs to maturity.
Everyone will have their own challenge. And only by challenges that we may learn how to survive, how to excel, and master in whatever it is we are doing. It is tough, but it will prepare us for the better things ahead..
3 comments:
aaaahhh nia!!!
u're leaving too soon!
3rd november rite? nooooooo!
just when i feel like we're getting closer to each other as friends, u're leaving,,,,
but i'm really glad u got that scholarship, as u really deserve it more than anyone (except the 4 other scholars),,
if only me, mike and demas got it too,,, T_T
guess i ain't ready yet,,
loren makasih :) yea its so sad to leave u guys! gw ahr2 ni sring nangis sndiri d kamar hehe. tinggal 93 days left :(
aihhh so sweet nangis2 sndiri di kamar,,
jgn nangis2 gt lah, jgn cengeng,,
kek ga bakal bisa ktemu or contact2 lagi,,
mkny klo da ke sg, sring2 ol msn,,
u may meet some new friends, but never forget ur old ones,, :)
we all gonna miss u badly,,
so that's why, ALWAYS KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME!! :DDDDDD
93 days left.....
so let's make the best out of the time we have left, so that the time which u spent with us in indo will not be forgotten,, ;)
Post a Comment